What is ADAS?
ADAS stands for Advanced driver-assistance systems. ADAS assists drivers in driving and parking functions. Most road accidents occur due to human error. ADAS was invented to increase car and road safety using sensors and cameras to detect obstacles and human errors. ADAS was first used in the 1950’s with the innovation of anti lock brakes.
Other ADAS Features Include:
– Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
– Blind Spot Information Systems
– Lane Departure Warning System (LDW)
– Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
– Traction Control System (TCS)
– Automatic Parking
– Automotive Heads-up Display
– Automotive Navigation System
– Automotive Night Vision
– Backup Camera
– Collision Avoidance System
– Crosswind Stabilization
– Driver Drowsiness System
– Electric Vehicle Warning Sounds
– Emergency Driver Assistant
– Forward Collision Warning
– Intersection Assistants
– Glare-free high beam
– Hill Descent Control
– Hill-start Assist
– Intelligent Speed Adaptation
– Lane Change Assistance
– Parking Sensors
– Pedestrian Protection Systems
– Rain Sensors
– Omniview Technology
– Tire Pressure Monitoring
– Traffic Sign Recognition
– Vehicular Communication Systems
– Vibrating Seat Warnings
– Wrong-way Driving Warning
In 2014, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced it will require all new vehicles under 10,000 pounds to have rear view cameras by 2018. Meaning all new vehicles are equipped with some type of ADAS.
ADAS does prevent some accidents but it is impossible to prevent all at this point in time. When a vehicle is in an accident, had a windshield replaced, or anything that would damage or impact ADAS, A recalibration of the ADAS is required.
That’s where we come in, we have the latest in ADAS Calibration software.
We are able to perform a variety of ADAS Calibrations for the following Manufacturers:
We’re constantly adding to our technologies and softwares, If you don’t see your vehicle here, give us a call.
We use a State-of-the-art ADAS targeting frame
Manufacturer designed custom targets are commonly used for ADAS calibration