Dupont’s is a State of New Hampshire approved vehicle and motorcycle Inspection Station. Getting your vehicle inspected ensures safe, reliable operation of your vehicle. Cars and light trucks need to be inspected during the month of the owner’s birthday, annually. Inspections can be performed up to 4 months early provided the registration remains valid for the inspection period. Antique vehicles are to be inspected biannually in the month of April or, if older than model year 1949 are exempt from the inspection process. Owners have until the 10th day of the month following their birthday month to get their vehicles inspected. If you purchase another vehicle, you have 10 days to get the inspection done after you register the vehicle. Before you have a vehicle inspection, you must have a valid registration.
The New Hampshire safety inspection process for cars and light trucks includes a check of the following items:
- Registration plates, registration certificate and vehicle identification number
- Steering, front end and suspension
- Brakes, including parking brake
- Odometer and speedometer
- Electrical system, horn and defroster
- Lights and reflectors, including headlight aim
- Glass, glazing and mirrors
- Exhaust system
- On-board diagnostics system
- Body, chassis and bumper height
- Fuel system
- Tires and wheels
- Emissions/On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) for 1996 models or newer
In the State of New Hampshire, most motorcycles need to be inspected annually by July 1 of each year. Antique motorcycles 40 or more model years old are to be done biennially by July 1 of each year. Any newly registered motorcycle shall be inspected within 10 days from the date of registration.